Saturday, May 17, 2014

So, is it about you or is it about Me?

There I was tonight all ready and excited to sing for Hillsong Asian..rehearsal had gone great and I managed to come in on my part correctly, and I was pumped to just go for it, And then it happened..

The moment it was time for me to come in, I literally just FROZE..I'm not kidding, I knew when I was supposed to come in and I was going to but I didn't!! Thank God James (our MD) came to the rescue and brought me back into it. 

So as worship went on, as I do, I began beating myself up!! "How can I make a silly mistake like that?" " it was okay during rehearsal". Just so you know, all this went on while I was worshipping !! 

Almost immediately He spoke in my heart. Is this worship session about me or is it about you? Are you on this platform so people can see how perfect you are or so they can look past your perfections to my grace and kindness. 

Right there I just surrendered my heart once again n allowed Him to deal with me. Now that I think about it I'm so glad that this happened tonight.. It helped me grow, learn and completely depend on Him. 

I'm writing this tonight so we will not forget why we do what we do as a worship and creative team. Always check your heart and motives before you step up on that platform. There can only be one superstar and it is most definately not us. So step aside and remain faceless, remain invisible so He can shine.. So He can touch and change people's lives through us. 

I'll leave you with a question. Are you ready to be invisible? Or is your worship just purely gratifying your personhood and ego..like I always say ALL HE WANTS IS YOUR HEART.

All my love
Crystal

2 comments:

Gelastic Mann said...

Nice!

Nereeta Nydia said...

Inspired to be part of the The generation that God is rising up, By His grace